Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Hear Ya, Man...

A lot of people are posting this video right now but, guess what, so am I.

Not only is this cute, but it is also the perfect example of what it was like living with my host family when I studied abroad in Italy. We were always in the kitchen, they were loud, I couldn't understand any of it, and there were a ton of hand gestures and body movements. I wish I could say that, unlike in the video, they were always fully clothed, but some of my host mom's low-cut tops could perhaps prove me to be a liar. Also, like in the video, just when I would think they were about to blow up with anger, one of them would laugh. It turns out angry-sounding-hand-gesturing-Italian is just the same as joke-telling-friendly-hand-gesturing-Italian. Thank you, twin babies, for the bizzarro nostalgia. I really wish I know what you were saying because it sounds like it was hilarious. And, I miss you Carla, mia mama italiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment