Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Royal Refrigerators and Baby Catapults...You Heard Me.

Today, my friend Ana Cris alerted me to an amazing find on everyone's favorite, http://www.someecards.com/. Well, they aren't actually responsible for the actual product, but they did bring it to my attention "across the pond."

Renovating your kitchen? Why not try the commemorative Prince William and Kate Middleton GE Refrigerator. Because, there's nothing you want more than to go for a midnight snack and have these royal mugs staring back at you. Unless your name is Prince William or Kate Middleton, you should NOT have this in your home. Even then, it is totally not acceptable. (Although, I do think this opens the door - pun intended - to an intriguing market of custom-photography large appliances...)


This royal refrigerator made me wonder what other kinds of crazy crap I could find out there...that's what the Internet is for, right? If you're looking for a good time, Google "bizzare gift ideas." (Do not Google "for a good time"). You can kill a solid 20 minutes (or in my case, an episode of The Middle....middle.*) looking at this crazyass stuff.

*That was a The Middle joke. If you don't watch The Middle, then it is just tiny repetition.

Exhibit A - Baby Catapults.

So, I actually could see this being totally amusing. It looks way more fun than typical baby shower games. But still, who initially came up with this concept and who purchases it? Even more amusing than the actual product is the description. Thank you Far Fetched Gifts for the entertainment.

Description from the website:
If this picture doesn't do it justice, you can see for yourself here
~ The Baby Shower is a plastic catapult that ejects infants up to 15 feet. (This sentence alone is a gem.)


~ Just load one of the 3/4" long plastic babies into the catapult device then pull the trigger for tyke tossing fun. (Tyke tossing fun. Enough said)

~ Great gift and game for real baby showers.
(As opposed to all those fake baby showers I have...)
~ Four different babies included. (I'm not sure whether do be offended by their attempt at diversity or applaud them for it. I still can't get over the flying babies, no matter the ethnicity)

Exhibit B - Hummingbird Mask.

This fancy headgear is for that special someone in your life who divides his time between ornithology and World Wrestling Entertainment. I'm going to leave it at that and just let the picture do the talking. But, if you want to read more than be my guest.


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment