Monday, March 28, 2011

It Just Ain't Right

So here's a list of pet peeves that you may think (ok, I may think) but you can't really complain about them because they are small fish in a big pond of problems that includes homelessness, the education system, etc. you feel petty. (ok, I feel petty)

But, sometimes you have to air your grievances before they build up because, "it just ain't right."

It just ain't right...

  • that people will take the time to back into a parking spot in a parking deck when there is clearly a line of cars waiting to also score the opportunity to find a parking spot. It's like rubbing it in the waiting drivers' faces. "Hey, look at me. I found a spot. And, I know you need to find a spot and get going too but I'm going to stop, go in reverse, maneuver unnecessarily and back into this spot because, well, I can."
  • that there is parallel parking. Ever. Why can't I do it? (Wow, I have some serious parking issues)

  • that all TV shows can be in reruns at the same time. There should be some kind of "Primetime Law" that states at least 2 network shows should be new episodes on any given evening during any given time slot. 

  • that Friday Night Lights is over.

  • that Charlie Sheen is a. relevant b. still relevant c. was ever the highest paid tv actor. Everyone knows Emilio should've been the highest paid Estevez. Fly Ducks, fly.

  • that you can only buy Girl Scouts Cookies a few months out of the year (See prior blog post for reasons. If I knew how to link to a previously written blog post, I would do it HERE. I have a lot to learn...)

  • that people discuss gross medical ailments on Facebook. It's one thing to tell us you have to have surgery and ask others to keep you in their thoughts. It's quite another thing to tell us you threw up last night and have a rash on your foot. That accomplishes nothing other than ruining your chances of ever playing footsy with a Facebook friend...why would you do that?

  • that iTunes songs now cost $1.29 instead of the less intimidating $0.99. I suppose it's a good thing because I purchase music less impulsively. However, now I have no excuses for buying some of my guilty pleasures. "Pussycat Dolls? How did that get there? I must've accidentally purchased it when I went on a buying spree!" Nope, now, I consciously thought about it and selectively chose to purchase "Don't Cha." 

  • that there aren't more commercials with that E*Trade baby, but that Geico Gekko and the Jack in the Box head show up every commerical break.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment