Thursday, July 15, 2010

With! With!

This time next week I will be halfway to Paris. That's right, I'm crossing the ocean for vacay, with Mom and Dad in tow. OK, so I suppose it is more the other way around. It's their vacation, I'm in tow. Yet, for once, I'm happy to have them dragging me with them.

I'm also slightly concerned. Yesterday, I stopped by my parents' house and enthusiastically shouted "Bonjour mon mere!" to my mom when I walked in the door. She rushed over and exclaimed "Avec! Avec!"

"What? That means..."

"With! With!"

God help us. We're going to be staying in a few small towns and I think we won't blend in as well as I hoped.


I studied abroad in Italy and traveled to several European countries during that time, but I never made my way to Paris (where we will spend 3 nights!). Look out croissants with Nutella, I'll be there soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment