Thursday, July 8, 2010

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now...

Did you know this was going to become a "thing?" Because it is. I love things in 5s.

Also, as a sidenote, I'd like to point out that it took me one week to become a blog slacker. Maybe I'm not cut out for this gig. Although, in my defense, I had to take an unexpected trip to New England. A dedicated blogger would've found internet access but I'm kind of lazy. Also, I knew that my sister was away on vacation and she's pretty much my only reader, so it's all good. Nonetheless, my apologies for my absence.

Ok, back to the list! These are 5 things I am loving right now!


1. EMMY NOMINATIONS
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler were (finally) nominated for Friday Night Lights. I'm loving that. About freakin' time! Everytime I hear someone say how Charlie Sheen is one of the highest paid TV actors, I think a little piece of my television-loving heart dies. Connie and Kyle (yeah, first name basis...you know.) are unbelievable week after week.  Also, Best Supporting Actor: Tim Riggins' Shirtless Torso



2. GINGER ICE CREAM
Ask me how many times I ate ginger ice cream in the past four days. The answer is 5. FIVE times. If you like ginger, then you need to find yourself an ice cream shop (restaurant? parlor?) that sells homemade ginger ice cream and buy yourself a scoop. It's spicy, it's sweet, it's delicious. I recommend it with chocolate sprinkles. If you don't like ginger ice cream then you should just skip to #3. I've always loved ginger (tea, candies, chicken, etc.) but good homemade ginger ice cream can be hard to come by. So, when you find it, you don't let it go. You enjoy it. You enjoy it five times. Then, you go to the gym.


3. OCTOBER
You know why I love October right now? Because it isn't 100+ degrees in October, at least not in North Carolina. Daggone July. Chill the heck out. No one likes suffocating in your humid sweltering wrath. It's cool and pleasant in October. Each day, as I walk across the parking lot, heels melting, sweat pouring, clothes sticking, I think, "October, October, October." Oh July, why can't you be more like October?




4. NOT WATCHING LEBRON JAMES' DECISION
Ok, apparently there is something going down in the NBA world with Lebron James right now. And I'm loving not being a part of it. He is announcing where he'll be playing next season or something? I'm not proud of my ignorance on sports news and I'm not trying to sound like I live under a rock (I imagine that would sound quite muffled...I had to. It's a "dad joke" but it was there). I'm simply glad I'm not caught up in this big "announcement" because the Twitterverse is going apeshit over it. I walked away from my computer and came back to 45 new tweets all regarding an announcement that supposedly hasn't been announced yet. I feel sad for the stress this seems to be causing so many people. It's like the time it came down to Trista's final rose decision and I so desperately wanted her to pick Ryan (that was the last season of the Bachelorette I watched...maybe I do live under a rock.)

5. FITNESS MAGAZINE
I didn't know if I would really like Fitness Magazine, but I got it anyway. (If you don't know this already, I am obsessed with magazine subscriptions). I normally wouldn't order a magazine I wasn't sure I'd like but this subscription came free in my "Pussycat Dolls Workout" DVD (um, yeah, that's another whole blogpost). In fact, I think I was persuaded to purchase the DVD because of the "free" subscription. At least, that's my excuse. Fortunately, the magazine is great. I highly recommend this month's issue. There are some great recipes and work out suggestions and not in an intimidating "Women's Health" kind of way. Plus, it doesn't have a Kardashian on the cover. I've received 2 mags in the past several weeks with a Kardashian on the cover. Over it. Was over it before I opened my mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment