Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Five Things I'm Loving Right Now

1. Tea and Travel: Mutually Exclusive No More
My love of tea is no secret. But, as I was in a tea store (which should be a more commonly found establishment), I thought, "I wish someone would create a travel mug with a built-in tea infuser so you could have the deliciousness of loose tea on the go. I've never seen such a thing. I will invent it!" Well, guess what??? I didn't. Because someone else did. While I was perusing the aisles of my local Crate and Barrel, I spotted it. The coveted (by me) tea infuser travel mug. The one pictured at the right is the same one I bought! Well, not literally the exact same one, obviously. This one is by Aladdin. I can now enjoy my delicious coconut ginger tea on the way to work. Speaking of Coconut....

2. The Other White Meat
(Get it? Because the edible part of a coconut is called the meat? And, it's white? I was pretty proud of that.)
I used to hate coconut. Or, at least I thought I did. Sort of how I thought I hated guacamole...boy, was I taking crazy pills. That mess is delicious.
 I've become a bit obssessed with coconut. Coconut sorbet, coconut tea, Kashi dark chocolate coconut bars (pictured), even that coconut water they now hype as a subsitution for sports drinks. Some woman at the Farmers' Market talked me into putting some kind of crazy coconut cream on my face. And, you know what? My face smelled delicious.




3. "I'm not good at making up rhymes..."
I know I am a couple weeks late posting this, but the 30 Rock "Uptown Girl" fight between Tracy and Liz cracked me up. And, after watching it again, I still LOLed.

4. A Pear of Plates
This past weekend, I noticed that West Elm was having a sale and before I knew it, my car was parked and I was walking inside, looking at house goods that I don't need. Mostly, I don't need them because I don't have a house. I have an apartment, already full of stuff I purchased on previous such excursions. But, there was 20% off of tableware you guys! And, I never have people over to eat off adorable tableware, but maybe that's because I need more adorable tableware. Enter pear and lemon plates. You heard right. I bought two of both the pear and the lemon plates. They look fantastic on my shelf mixed in with my white Ikea dishes. (As a sub-list of something I'm loving right now, the very inexpensive Ikea plates are a perfect "base" in which to mix fun colorful plates, bowls, and glasses.) So, who wants to come over and eat off of a lemon? You bring the food. I'll bring the plates!

5. Peace Out, Itchy Tights!
The last thing I'm loving right now? The gorgeous spring weather! We're getting about 4 straight days of 65-degrees+ weather. Not to rub it in to people who may still be suffering in snow, but no tights, no jackets, less frizzy hair...it's a beautiful thing. Has spring come early? Probably not. But, this tease of warm sunny days is at least a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment