Thursday, January 27, 2011

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now

Since my last "5 things" was a holiday edition, it appears it's time for an update. Let's do this.

1. Milkandhoneyshoes.com






When I was little I liked to draw pretty clothes and shoes like I was a fashion designer. Then I grew up and I kept doing it. Although, my drawings are more doodles and they include less rainbows, hearts, and "Lindsay + Jordan Knight" images. But, that's why I LOVE http://www.milkandhoneyshoes.com/. You get to be a shoe designer! While I can't actually afford to buy most of the shoes I craft, I adore the fact that you can customize your own shoes. It's genius. And, for you sporty types, try designing your own shoes at www.nike.com/nikeid 














2. The Return of Parks & Recreation
You know when you run into an old friend and think, "We used to have so much fun, why did we stop hanging out?" Oh right, I remember. The season ended and Thursday nights were filled with inadequate reruns. I'd forgotten how AWESOME Parks & Recreation truly is. Welcome back, Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson's 'stache.








3. Aquiesse Candles in Luxe Linen

I have allergic reactions to strong smells. I know, I thought it was a made up thing too. But then my allergist gave me a pamphlet and a drug so it must be legit. However, I live in an old building and want my apartment to still smell, in the words of Outkast, "so fresh and so clean, clean." Solution? These fantastic candles by Aquiesse. The Luxe Linen scent smells clean without being overpowering. It also does not smell fruity, floraly, tasty, outdoorsy, or holiday-y. I can't vouch for any of the other scents because I found Luxe Linen and it was love at first sniff. I never  
                                                       looked back.




4. The King's Speech
Not to be all predictable and "following the trends," but here's how it is: this movie rocks. Nothing blows up, there's no nudity, and you don't have to wear 3-D glasses. It's just a good old fashion movie. Well acted, well edited, well written etc. Worth seeing and not just because of all the hype. Well, no actually that's exactly why you should see it. The hype is true. A great movie. Colin Firth can do no wrong.




5. Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown
I'm not a huge fan of Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser. I'm definitely Team Bob Harper. However, my preference over Jillian is because I don't like all the "let's get inside your head and make you cry until you realize why you're fat" stuff and has nothing to do with her training abilities. That said, I really love this workout DVD. I have a lifelong goal to want to love yoga. The problem is, I don't. Yet, this DVD is challenging and fast-moving enough to keep my interest. I also felt really sore the next day, the bittersweet sign of a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment