Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 And A List Of Things I Might Think About Doing

So, here we are, the day before a new year. Less than 7 hours before a new decade. You're probably getting ready to eat some dinner, put on your sparkly clothes, your big-girl heels, and head out on the town to sip champagne and eat tiny foods.

Here's where I'm sitting. I"m eating chicken soup, in my pajamas, in my slippers, on my couch, drinking TheraFlu and sucking on Ricola cough drops.

That's right, 2010, decided to wait until the very last minute to really give it to me good with a nasty cold. Instead of celebrating in DC with my sister, laughing it up at a NYE comedy show, I'm here at my apartment, next to an accumulating pile of tissues, watching a Seinfeld rerun.

Lindsay, pity party for one? Your table is ready.

But, I can't complain. 2010 was a pretty decent year. It got me thinking about 2011. I'm not one to usually make resolutions, but what the hell? What else am I going to do? I am certainly not going to be able to sleep any time soon for my neighbors are all being very (loudly) festive. Good for them. As it should be.

2011 (A Working List)
  • Find some new hobbies and/or take some fun classes
  • Finally take the coffee table and busted TV in my bedroom to Goodwill (we're going on 2 years of procrastination here.)
  • Learn how to eat/cook some new veggies (ex: raddishes. I don't eat them. But, why not?)
  • Save some money. (Not sure how I'm going to do this one. But it desperately needs to happen)
  • Try a new work out
  • Read 1 book/month (Current avg: 1 book/3months)
  • Run a 5K (eh...)
  • BLOG MORE (Seriously, you guys.)
  • Transition to a more relevant/thematic blog (see above) (any ideas for a more consistent topic?)
  • Be more social and attempt to meet new people
  • Pick back up on learning Spanish and/or Italian
  • Vacuum once a week
  • Try answering my cell phone more often (or ever)
That's all I got so far. I hope everyone has a VERY HAPPY AND EXCITING NEW YEAR! May 2011 by your best year yet!

1 comment:

  1. What are your new hobbies going to be? I LOVE getting new hobbies. And buying lots of equipment and accessories for them. And then abandoning them and getting NEW new hobbies.

    ReplyDelete